Saturday, August 29, 2009

A day at the Beach

The sound of the waves breaking up on the shore. The wind is blowing and I can smell the saltiness in the air. The sand is hot as I step down off the pier. I am at the beach. The sun is shining bright ion the sky I can feel the heat of its rays on my skin as I begin to put on my sunscreen ah it feels so nice. I sit in my chair, put on my sun glasses and pick up my book. This is definitely the way to relax. I start to read my book and I hear giggles up in front of me. As I look I see three small children burring a man in the sand. The children one girl little, blond, about three years old, The boys look to be five to eight years old, both with sandy blond hair the older ones a little darker. "Just stay still dad" the older by says as he dumps a bucket of sand on the man. Their mom, I assume, standing close to them with a video camera in her hands laughing as she films. Off to the right from the corner of my eye I see a few seagulls fly in to get a snack being thrown into the air from a blanket filled with children. A woman in a chair close to the blanket states" Do not give the birds all the food!"
I get up to walk to the water, it is hot out here today. As I get closer the sand is moist beneath my feet, it feels good to walk on. The water rushes up in waves over my feet. The water is warm not at all a shock to my body. I walk deeper into the water as the waves rush in and splash against me. It is a refreshing relief from the heat of the day. I walk until I am deep enough to get me wet and then head out of the water. I thought enters my head.."I think I will go for a walk" as I walk out of the water and along the shore just close enough so the water comes in as a rush over my feet. I walk along the shore and my head fills with praises to the God who made the sea and the shore. I sing prasies to His name and enjoy the day that He has made for me.

2 comments: