Saturday, August 15, 2009

Answered Prayers

Sitting on the front porch rocking chair I watch a squirrel run up a tree in my yard. The dog lays lazily in the drive way keeping guard on the street in front of the house. Neighbor's across the street are having a cookout and the smells of hamburgers and hot dogs linger across the street. Sounds of birds chiping fill the air. The sun is bright and the sky is bright blue and clear, not a cloud in the sky. A thought enters my mind about my youth. Avivid memory as if it were happening right now. I can see the moon shine in the window at the top of the attic stairs. I remember talking to God and not knowing if He was even there. I remember crying and asking Him if I would ever have a family again. I rememer the pain and anguish of a sad little girl who has just found out her daddy is moving away. As my mind comes back to my porch I praise the God I prayed to as a devastated young girl. I thought my world was falling apart and for a long time it did. But the Lord is great and awesome! He answers prayers now and He did then. I just did not know it yet. Thirty-seven years later I realize the answered prayers. Because of this I Praise the Lord whom I prayed to that night so long ago. He knew the answers would come and I would have a wonderful family of my own and also have my extened family all together one big family. Thank you Lord

2 comments:

  1. Out of the pain of life arise the strong when God is central in life. Heart pouring stories.

    ReplyDelete